Purpose of this page
This page showcases some of my skills as applicable in a DevOps environment. To that end, I'm using some of the tools and follow the practices of the trade as I learned them even if they are entirely oversized for the task at hand.
The code for this website is publicly available in a version-controlled repository. Go ahead and click on the button in the top right to fork it in case you like what you see. The code passes a few simple automated checks before being automatically deployed from a CI/CD pipeline.
I am by no means a web developer or a graphics designer. I kindly ask that you don't judge me too harshly in that regard.
- decades of experience working remotely and in distributed FOSS teams
- highly proficient in Linux administration including headless and remote
- highly proficient in packaging software for Debian, Ubuntu and derivatives
- highly proficient in version-control systems, especially git
- highly proficient in bug-tracking and QA
- I am quadrilingual (German, English, Japanese, French)
- advanced knowledge of python
- good knowledge of bash scripting
- good knowledge of RegEx
- good knowledge of ansible
- self-starter and fast self-learner
- I live and breathe the command-line, including remote ssh, screen and tmux sessions
- I love good docs
- I believe in the importance of attention to detail
- I believe in "release early and release often"
- I believe in incremental improvements (kaizen/改善)
- I believe in the importance of learning and an open mind
Certificates & Awards
- first place on the June 2021 leaderboard at Python CheckIO
- Linkedin Succeeding in DevOps
- IBM Data Analysis with Python
- IBM Python for Data Science
- HackerRank Python Basics
Shut up and show me the code
My contributions and snippets are still scattered around a number of places. I am in the process of making them more centrally available.